By linking your Nintendo Account to the Switch and mobile versions, you’ll be able to access the same Boxes across platforms. The Switch version can connect to Sword, Shield, and both Let’s Go games. Both the Switch and mobile versions are compatible with the Nintendo 3DS Pokemon Bank. Support for Pokemon GO is currently in development.
As expected, you’ll have the option to play for free or pay for a monthly subscription to access certain expanded features. For example, moving Pokemon from the 3DS Bank to Pokemon Home using the Pokemon Bank is a premium feature.
Premium Plan for Nintendo Switch
- 1 month (30 days): £2.69
- 3 months (90 days): £4.49
- 12 months (365 days): £14.39
Premium Plan for iOS and Android
- 1 month (30 days): £2.99
- 3 months (90 days): £4.99
- 12 months (365 days): £15.99
To celebrate the release of Pokemon Home, the Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter will be free for one month after launch. Also, be aware that Pokemon can not be returned to the Pokemon Bank once moved into Pokemon Home.
There are four key ways to trade Pokemon with other players:
- Pokemon placed in the Wonder Box can be traded with people around the world. Pokemon placed in the Wonder Box will be traded even when Pokemon HOME is not being used.
- With the Global Trade System (GTS), fans can specify which Pokemon they want to trade and which Pokemon they want to receive. They will then be matched with a Trainer if both meet each other’s criteria.
- Room Trade lets Trainers create a room and trade Pokemon among the people who join. Each room can hold up to 20 people. Trading in rooms has no cost, but users will only be able to create rooms when enrolled in a Premium Plan (paid).
- Friend Trade allows Trainers to trade their Pokemon with nearby users who they have become friends with in Pokemon HOME. Trainers can add friends using the Add Friend feature in Pokemon HOME.
More details to arrive shortly…